Tuesday, January 27, 2015

The Real Reason for Global Warming


I’m not a trained scientist. Well, not trained in the sense that I have a multitude of degrees from prestigious institutions of higher learning. My training lies elsewhere. Yeah, there’s framed parchment on my walls with unpronounceable scientific words but none of it from an MIT-type institution. Nevertheless, despite this shortcoming, I do like to think that I’m a logical scientist. A logical scientist takes the following approach: if it looks like a duck, and walks like a duck, and sounds like a duck and, most importantly, smells like a duck, guess what? It’s a duck regardless of evolution.
With that in mind I have successfully come to the conclusion that global warming is a definitive fact. I guess that’s good news and bad news depending on which side of the scientific fence you are on.
Actually coming to this conclusion was relatively easy. (No, it had nothing to do with the Theory of Relativity although the article I read which spawned this conclusion did mention Einstein.) (One more confession: I didn’t read the entire article. It’s way to scientific, technical and thus too confusing for me.)

Back to the application of logical science.

In the portion of the article that I did read, it stated that the universe is expanding. I would assume that’s correct; scientists have said so. If, then, the universe is expanding, there must be friction. Friction usually produces a certain amount of heat. You know how that works. If you’re stuck in the woods on a cold, rainy day with no matches or lighter, rub a couple of sticks together or a couple of rocks and you get friction which produces heat which produces fire which you can use to warm yourself up.
So, when we deal with the universe and its expansion we will get a certain amount of friction probably just a microscopic amount since it is not expanding at a rapid rate. This friction would most naturally cause heat in the universe which we would feel as global warming.

Voila, there’s the reason for global warming. It was right in front of Al Gore’s nose all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment